Adobe Flash Player on devices17 Feb 2009
Last week, when I heard about JavaFX Mobile, I thought, why didn't Adobe make a move yet to push Flash Platform on devices?
Not too long ago, I was wondering about Adobe's plan for Mobile AIR.
We have recently heard some good news, I must say, some fantastic announcements:-
- Adobe releases Distributable Flash Lite player
- Adobe and Nokia set up Open Screen Fund ($10 millions)
- Palm joins Open Screen project
- Adobe announces timeline for Adobe Flash Player 10 on devices
Adobe and Nokia made a right decision by setting up a fund, it's really important to have a good ecosystem of developers, designers and content-creators. The success of Adobe Flash Platform over the the years is because of this outstanding community of developers, designers and everyone who has been interested into the platform.
Though, I feel Adobe is little late on doing these. They should have been more aggressive. Some of my wishes, Adobe would:
- Release some great tools for all platforms (not just Windows and OSX).
- Provide a good documentation on best-practices, performance, etc
- Some good reusable libraries, components, etc
Technorati Tags: adobe, flashlite, mobile, flash, openscreenproject, player, flash+platform